Categories
Islamic

Spread of Wahhabism was done at request of West during Cold War – Saudi crown prince — RT World News

👉English and Malay language

Spread of Wahhabism was done at request of West during Cold War – Saudi crown prince

Spread of Wahhabism was done at request of West during Cold War – Saudi crown prince

The Saudi-funded spread of Wahhabism began as a result of Western countries asking Riyadh to help counter the Soviet Union during the Cold War, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman told the Washington Post.

Speaking to the paper, bin Salman said that Saudi Arabia’s Western allies urged the country to invest in mosques and madrassas overseas during the Cold War, in an effort to prevent encroachment in Muslim countries by the Soviet Union.

He added that successive Saudi governments had lost track of that effort, saying “we have to get it all back.” Bin Salman also said that funding now comes mostly from Saudi-based “foundations,” rather than from the government.

The crown prince’s 75-minute interview with the Washington Post took place on March 22. Another topic of discussion included a previous claim by US media that bin Salman had said that he had White House senior adviser Jared Kushner “in his pocket.”

Bin Salman denied reports that when he and Kushner – who is also Donald Trump’s son-in-law – met in Riyadh in October, he had sought or received a greenlight from Kushner for the massive crackdown on alleged corruption which led to widespread arrests in the kingdom shortly afterwards. According to bin Salman, the arrests were a domestic issue and had been in the works for years.

He said it would be “really insane”for him to trade classified information with Kushner, or to try to use him to advance Saudi interests within the Trump administration. He stated that their relationship was within a normal governmental context, but did acknowledge that he and Kushner “work together as friends, more than partners.” He stated that he also had good relationships with Vice President Mike Pence and others within the White House.

The crown prince also spoke about the war in Yemen, where a Saudi-led coalition continues to launch a bombing campaign against Houthi rebels in an attempt to reinstate ousted Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi as president. The conflict has killed thousands, displaced many more, driven the country to the brink of famine, and led to a major cholera outbreak.

Although the coalition has been accused of a large number of civilian deaths and disregard for civilian lives – an accusation which Riyadh denies – the crown prince said his country has not passed up “any opportunity” to improve the humanitarian situation in the country. “There are not good options and bad options. The options are between bad and worse,” he said.

The interview with the crown prince was initially held off the record. However, the Saudi embassy later agreed to led the Washington Post publish specific portions of the meeting.

If you like this story, share it with a friend!

RT

The Saudi-funded spread of Wahhabism began as a result of Western countries asking Riyadh to help counter the Soviet Union during the Cold War, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman told the Washington Post.
— Read on www.rt.com/news/422563-saudi-wahhabism-western-countries/

Penyebaran fahaman Wahabi dilakukan atas permintaan Barat semasa Perang Dingin – putera mahkota Saudi

28 Mar, 2018 11:58 / Dikemas kini 6 bulan yang lalu

Penyebaran fahaman Wahabi dilakukan atas permintaan Barat semasa Perang Dingin – putera mahkota Saudi

Penyebaran Wahhabisme yang dibiayai oleh Arab Saudi dimulai sebagai akibat dari negara-negara Barat meminta Riyadh untuk membantu menentang Kesatuan Soviet semasa Perang Dingin, Putera Mahkota Mohammed bin Salman mengatakan kepada Washington Post.

Bercakap kepada surat kabar itu, bin Salman mengatakan bahawa sekutu Barat Arab Saudi mendesak negara itu untuk melabur di masjid dan madrasah di luar negara semasa Perang Dingin, dalam usaha mencegah pencerobohan di negara-negara Muslim oleh Kesatuan Soviet.

Baca lebih lanjut

3 tahun kematian orang awam di Yaman tidak menahan AS & sekutu dari menjual senjata kepada Saudi – Amnesti 3 tahun kematian orang awam di Yaman tidak menahan AS & sekutu dari menjual senjata kepada Saudi – Amnesty

Dia menambahkan bahawa pemerintah Saudi berturut-turut telah kehilangan upaya itu, dengan mengatakan “kita harus mendapatkan semuanya kembali.” Bin Salman juga mengatakan bahawa pembiayaan sekarang kebanyakannya berasal dari “yayasan” yang berpusat di Arab Saudi dan bukannya dari pemerintah.

Wawancara putera mahkota selama 75 minit dengan Washington Post berlangsung pada 22 Mac. Topik perbincangan lain merangkumi tuntutan sebelumnya oleh media AS bahawa bin Salman mengatakan bahawa dia mempunyai penasihat kanan Rumah Putih Jared Kushner “di dalam poketnya.”

Bin Salman membantah laporan bahawa ketika dia dan Kushner – yang juga menantu Donald Trump – bertemu di Riyadh pada bulan Oktober, dia telah meminta atau menerima lampu hijau dari Kushner untuk tindakan keras terhadap tuduhan rasuah yang menyebabkan penangkapan secara meluas di kerajaan tidak lama kemudian. Menurut bin Salman, penangkapan itu adalah masalah domestik dan sudah bertahun-tahun dijalankan.

Dia mengatakan akan “benar-benar gila” baginya untuk memperdagangkan maklumat rahsia dengan Kushner, atau mencuba menggunakannya untuk memajukan kepentingan Saudi dalam pemerintahan Trump. Dia menyatakan bahawa hubungan mereka berada dalam konteks pemerintahan yang normal, tetapi mengakui bahawa dia dan Kushner “bekerjasama sebagai rakan, lebih daripada rakan.” Dia menyatakan bahawa dia juga mempunyai hubungan baik dengan Wakil Presiden Mike Pence dan yang lain di Gedung Putih.

Putera mahkota juga berbicara tentang perang di Yaman, di mana gabungan yang dipimpin oleh Saudi terus melancarkan kempen pengeboman terhadap pemberontak Houthi dalam usaha untuk mengembalikan Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi yang digulingkan sebagai presiden. Konflik tersebut telah mengorbankan ribuan, mengungsi lebih banyak lagi, mendorong negara itu ke ambang kelaparan, dan menyebabkan wabak kolera besar.

Walaupun koalisi itu dituduh sebilangan besar kematian orang awam dan tidak menghiraukan nyawa orang awam – satu tuduhan yang ditolak oleh Riyadh – putera mahkota mengatakan negaranya belum melepaskan “sebarang peluang” untuk memperbaiki keadaan kemanusiaan di negara itu. “Tidak ada pilihan baik dan pilihan buruk. Pilihannya antara yang buruk dan yang lebih buruk, ”katanya.

Wawancara dengan putera mahkota pada mulanya tidak dirakam. Namun, kedutaan Saudi kemudiannya bersetuju untuk memimpin Washington Post menerbitkan bahagian-bahagian tertentu dalam pertemuan itu.

Sekiranya anda menyukai cerita ini, kongsikan kepada rakan!

RT

By donshafi9️⃣1️⃣1️⃣

May Allah s.w.t. grant us His taufiq so that we may taste the sweetness of our faith and gratitude and experience the pleasure of worshipping Allah . Amin Ya Rabbal ‘Alamin.

*Mohon share di group2 lain. Semoga bermanfaat Barakallahu fiikum*

*Jazāk Allāhu Khayran*

👉The views expressed in this article are the author’s own and do not necessarily reflect my stance @donshafi911.

👉Kenyataan berita atau artikel ini adalah pandangan peribadi penulis dan tidak mewakili pendirian @donshafi911.

👉 https://vk.com/club176201652

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s